What is Kapanga Softphone?
Kapanga Softphone is a powerful and unique SIP software telephone that lets users make phone and video calls as well as send/receive fax from one single software application using any Voice over IP (VoIP) telephony provider.
As a fully featured SIP client, Kapanga Softphone is designed from the ground up to work with current and future IP-based communications systems and infrastructure. Kapanga Softphone has also been tested by our engineers and softphone users across many VoIP hardware, IP-based PBX software and service providers in North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Kapanga Softphone is:
- a new way of thinking about SIP clients
- designed from the ground up for reliability and flexibility
- adaptive to current and future IP-based communications systems
The Kapanga Team Goals:
- Reliability. Kapanga has been developed and thoroughly tested using numerous IP telephony systems. To name a few systems, Kapanga's successful tests include Pulver's Free World Dialup, Cisco 2600 series and Audiocodes Mediant 2000 Gateways, Digium's Asterisk Open Source PBX and Brekeke's OnDo SIP Server and PBX, SIP Express Router (SER) and more.
- Interoperability. Kapanga's multi-codec ability makes it a great softphone capable of interacting with practically any existing VoIP/PSTN systems and bandwidths available. Supported codecs include ITU and open source codecs. For a complete list, please click here.
- Flexibility. In addition to placing calls, sending and receiving faxes and establishing video calls, Kapanga enables users to record their voice and video communications. Kapanga also features three convenient lines, a fax answering machine and ring tone customization using MIDI files, and more.
- Simplicity. Kapanga's easy-to-use interface makes it easy for any user, beginner or advanced, making it easy for newcomers to take full advantage of IP telephony technology.